Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point/s
Did you know that many current food processing standards began with the space program? In the early 1960s, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) asked the Pillsbury company to develop food suitable for their astronauts. They wanted offerings that were both tasty and safe to eat in zero gravity.
In developing this product, the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) was born. It represented a quantum leap in food safety standards, and it is now used all over the world.
What Is HACCP?
If you’re a food processing operation, food safety is essential to your success. The HACCP is a systematic, preventative approach to this important part of business, a logical tool for adapting traditional inspection methods to a modern, science-based, system.
HACCP goes beyond inspecting finished food products. It helps to find, correct, and prevent hazards throughout the production process. These include physical, chemical, and biological hazards. It has seven principles:
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- Identify Critical Control Points
- Establish Critical Limits
- Monitor Critical Control Points
- Establish Corrective Actions
- Establish Record Keeping Procedures
- Establish Verification Procedures
The team of food consultancy experts at Quantum Food Solutions can make these seven points easier to achieve in your business and bring your food processing up to current standards.
Our customizable HACCP training program is delivered by our expert HACCP trainers to help you gain in-depth expertise and practical knowledge. We can develop a training program specifically designed to meet the unique needs of your operation, or we can develop a training program that is specific to selected areas of interest.
HACCP is not just used in food production: other industries, including cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, apply it to their production lines. HACCP is even recommended by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the United Nations’ international standards organization for food safety, making it a solution for most companies around the world.
If you need to bring your food processing facility up to this standard, trust the experts at Quantum Food Solutions to make it happen.
Quantum Food Solutions and HACCP
Quantum Food Solution's expertise is in food safety consultancy and developing high-quality management programs. Our coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following food categories:
- Raw prepared products (meat and vegetarian)
- Raw fish products
- Fruit, vegetables and nuts
- Prepared fruit, vegetables and nuts
- Dairy, liquid egg
- Cooked meat, poultry, fish products
- Cured and fermented meat and fish
- Ready-to-eat meals, sandwiches, and desserts
- Low or high acid products (e.g. sauces, marinades, preserves, etc.) in cans, glass, or plastic containers
- Beverages (e.g. juices, carbonated, etc.)
- Bakery dried foods and ingredients
- Dried foods and ingredients
- Oils and fats (e.g. margarine, salad dressings)
Our service includes development, implementation and validation (e.g. critical control points, pre-requisites programs) of your food safety system.
We go beyond HACCP, too. In developing. implementing, and validating the program, the Quantum team of food consultants can also pinpoint the weaknesses in production and offer solutions to save and make you money.